Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE TELL ME I AM NOT ALONE?

tag
Linnaea
Regular Contributor

I hope I am not alone. I Am paying off badies and v them I check my FAKO's, FICO's (all of them ie Credit Sesame,  Karma, Mint, Chime, Experience, MyFico, My credit Union one, My Bank, My free Credit Card Ones ), also my Texts, My Emails... then I read REDDIT, these forums and other forums.... I can't stop obsessing ... and it's like watching paint dry!!! 

You stalk the scale when you are Dieting and you stalk your Credit Scores when rebuilding. The only difference between them is hope the numbers go down on the scale and the number goes up on your credit score.  

4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: PLEASE TELL ME I AM NOT ALONE?

Your not alone. But the stress it causes worrying about all these sites isnt worth it. Just watch your FICO scores. Vantage scores dont mean much at all. Sync uses it. But stick to FICO. Those Vantage sites are good for monitoring changes and thats about it.

Message 2 of 5
Linnaea
Regular Contributor

Truth. 

Message 3 of 5
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Linnaea wrote:

I hope I am not alone. I Am paying off badies and v them I check my FAKO's, FICO's (all of them ie Credit Sesame,  Karma, Mint, Chime, Experience, MyFico, My credit Union one, My Bank, My free Credit Card Ones ), also my Texts, My Emails... then I read REDDIT, these forums and other forums.... I can't stop obsessing ... and it's like watching paint dry!!! 

You stalk the scale when you are Dieting and you stalk your Credit Scores when rebuilding. The only difference between them is hope the numbers go down on the scale and the number goes up on your credit score.  

During my post DC days I did the same. Each and every day and at every opportunity. Especially before I learned exactly what made my scores go up or down. And then obsession for me subsided soon thereafter once I had my rebuild plan up and running and had received decent cards and a car loan. Of course I still researched and watched my scores and accounts , but not to that degree during post DC. I even got to the point where once I had armed myself with strong knowledge , I took a break from this forum.  So no, you're not alone Smiley Wink

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 4 of 5
Linnaea
Regular Contributor

Good  to  know I'm not certifiable YET!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.