Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRA bites the dust

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PRA bites the dust

I had a CapitalOne debt purchased by PRA. The original amount was $3550 and was able to settle for a single payment of $2123. It seems tough to get anything beyond a 40% discount with them.
11 REPLIES 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: PRA bites the dust

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a CapitalOne debt purchased by PRA. The original amount was $3550 and was able to settle for a single payment of $2123. It seems tough to get anything beyond a 40% discount with them.

That depends on the age of the account. Older the account, better the settlement. 

If you do not take their offer, you're running the risk of PRA selling the account to another CA which may not be willing to do PFD. 

Message 2 of 12
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That depends on the age of the account. Older the account, better the settlement. 

If you do not take their offer, you're running the risk of PRA selling the account to another CA which may not be willing to do PFD. 

Russian Roulette Debt Settlement

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the phone with Moore right now. They offered $2600 on a $3100 debt. It seems like the best o will be able to do is $2000.
Message 4 of 12
Camps
Valued Member

Congrats Strongbad. I also have a PRA/Cap One for around $3100 that I am going to try to settle. I'll report back what they agree to.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: It took about 60 days for the collection to be paid to $0 and removed from the report.

I paid down Capital One through Moore and that took about 60 days as well. It also looks like Capital One has finally let me back into its good graces as it shows I’m prequalified for a QS one, but went into pending as they wanted me to wait for a physical letter to send them income verification docs.

Fako scores have jumped up 45-75 points with a range of 671-695.

I’m about 20 days away from hitting day 91 from my first NFCU card so I am crossing my fingers that I get a decent limit there.
Message 6 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Keep at it and you'll rebound in time.

Message 7 of 12
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It also looks like Capital One has finally let me back into its good graces as it shows I’m prequalified for a QS one, but went into pending as they wanted me to wait for a physical letter to send them income verification docs.

How long between settling the debt and showing the prequalification?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

As soon as my report reflected that it was a $0 balance, it said I was pre qualified
Message 9 of 12
ItsCASHual
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
As soon as my report reflected that it was a $0 balance, it said I was pre qualified

So dumb question here....if the accounts were sold to Portfolio and Moore as you mentioned, Capital One is then notified you have a zero balance (or settled)? Or are we just saying (assuming) that it shows as zero balance on CR and that let you back in the door?

How long ago were your accounts charged off? Asking because I have 2 myself that have been sold to PRA as well.

FICO 8

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.