Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRBC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PRBC

Has anyone used or know info about PRBC?

I read Verizon referenced them.
I know commonly they are used to track and report rent but what about bills like a cell phone?

I pay a $300 cell phone bill each month so if that was reported it would help
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PRBC

They are a separate CRA that accepts information reported to them by consumers, and they produce a score based on that self-reporting.

They accept any type of bills, including rent, cable, phone, utilities, that are normally not reported to the big-3 CRAs.

They advertise as a way to get such payments considered by creditors or businesses.

The score they produce was, at one time, done under a FICO algorithm but I an unsure if that is still the case.

Regardless, any score is based on only very limited data, and thus I know of no creditors who give it substantial weight in their decision making.

I have never seen a listing of creditors who regularly order credit reports from them.

The advantage I see is for consumers who have long periods of timely rental payments that they wish to show to a creditor.

That assumes a creditor will spend money to order a PRBC credit report.

A consumer could just as well provide certified documentation of, for exampe, past rental history and present it to a creditor.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PRBC

Ty
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.