cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid CO cause Mortgage score decease ???

tag
Samy13
Valued Member

Paid CO cause Mortgage score decease ???

I settled a CO recently and today was my score update day on here. Regular scores went up but EQ mortgage dropped 21 points !! Can anyone help me understand why ???

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Paid CO cause Mortgage score decease ???

Possibly FICO mortgage is more sensitive to updated CO's. It may have been dormat for a while until you settled. It posted such. Which is a good thing. But it updates to the recent date. There goes some pts. It will recover in time. Darn if you do and darn if you dont.

Message 2 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Was that CO updating regularly? If not, the update caused the score drop cause the FICO algorithm saw it as "recent" (not that it actually was though).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 7
Samy13
Valued Member

@FireMedic1 @OmarGB9   it was updating monthly on all 3. TU/EX/EQ all had a FICO8 increase, TU/EX had a mortgage increase where EQ dropped. I was almost to havinng my middle score at/over 640. 

I have one more CO that will be deleting, that has also been reporting monthly. Should I expect another drop ??

Message 4 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If the CO is "deleting". As in falling off your reports. Point gains will be till the last one falls off. If your talking home. Wait till next year. Prime rates are suppose to drop. Get scores up. Less interest over 30 yrs.

Message 5 of 7
Samy13
Valued Member

No, this one just upated as $0 due to paying/settling it. I have another from 2017 that I disputed and it is being removed. Will that one also make my scores decrease ?

Message 6 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Samy13 wrote:

No, this one just upated as $0 due to paying/settling it. I have another from 2017 that I disputed and it is being removed. Will that one also make my scores decrease ?

You were successful from getting a CO deleted from a dispute? What reason was the dispute for?

If it goes. The lone CO will still ding until its gone. You should see some pts since it no longer counts against your util %'s.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.