Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Cox directly this morning.

tag
S7
Established Contributor

Paid Cox directly this morning.

So the dispute I had with Experian regarding an account with IC Systems on a Cox bill for $40.00 that I don't believe should have existed, but did, came back as Updated. So I called Cox this morning, and just paid them directly. They sent me a fax in about 2 minutes on letterhead stating it was paid in full and for this letter to be accepted as notification until the credit file was updated, within 24-48hours.

This was the only baddie left that was unpaid, and it was only on my Experian report, which was also by lowest score. Hoping that now that it is paid and resolved, that we can move forward since my midscore is over the 640 we needed....

Any thoughts?

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid Cox directly this morning.

Gratz! What were you needing? It sounds like a mortgage.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 15
S7
Established Contributor

Yes sir, you've hit on the head!! A mortgage! Smiley Happy Do you think this will be good enough to move forward?? My EQ and TU didn't have this last account on them, and the score for my EQ on here is 651, and the TU from here is 694, which was about 9 points lower when I had a lender pull last month. Last month showed TU on here at 647 and the lender pull was a 638, so Im hoping if its lower this time that it wont be much more than the 9 point diff.

But the EQ would be my midscore I believe.

I know I gotta stop trying to force things to happen, they will when its time, but its hard to wait sometimes. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 15
madmann26
Valued Contributor

You definitely qualify for an FHA loan. The most notable thing about the FHA loan is that it only requires 3.5% down. However, getting your scores up above 700, may be better or not, depending on who you ask.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I think you're good to go!  Now everyone is paid, no worries about that anymore.  On to bigger and better things.  Now GW them!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 15
S7
Established Contributor

Smiley LOLYay!! I'm super excited!! 

Go figure today had to be Columbus Day, and banks are closed!! LOL! No wonder I haven't gotten a reply to my email!!!

Message 6 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Gotta love federal holidays.

July 2013 score:

Message 7 of 15
igids1
Regular Contributor

Could you update us at to what this does to your score? I am curious if it will actually drop short term, as it updates the date of last activity. I have two old accounts that I owe money on that I have been reluctant to pay in fears it will actually hurt my scores.

Message 8 of 15
madmann26
Valued Contributor

If the collection accounts are aged, meaning 12 months or longer, it has taken it's initial toll on your credit score. While paying them and ultimately getting them removed is great, don't expect the same point return.

I've had 3-4 collection accounts removed in the last few weeks and my score has gone up a few points. In essence, don't expect to get the same points back by paying or having the accounts removed as the ones you lost when the collection account hit your CR.

The score will get better, with time and positive tradelines.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 9 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@igids1 wrote:

Could you update us at to what this does to your score? I am curious if it will actually drop short term, as it updates the date of last activity. I have two old accounts that I owe money on that I have been reluctant to pay in fears it will actually hurt my scores.

The DOLA shouldn'tlk have any affect on it, the fact that it is paid will have a definite affect when her mortgage goes to underwriting. 

July 2013 score:

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.