Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Credit Settlements? Any Info?

tag
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Paid Credit Settlements? Any Info?

I did a settlement on 3 credit cards about 3 years ago. The accounts on my credit report show "Closed" but also show "Derogitory"...It's only in the comments section of each account it shows they were paid off.

Is this how things are suppose to Report? Can I Dispute it?

When someone pulls my Credit Report, it looks horrible because things all pop up and show Derogitory, yet they are paid and closed.

Any Advice??
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Paid Credit Settlements? Any Info?

If you did not pay full amounts owed, had lates or cards were charged off, those would be considered derogatory accounts.

Payment does not "erase" negative info. Settling for less than amount owed is considered a derog because you did not repay full amount borrowed. Paid, closed and derogatory are all true as far as status of these accounts. 

In most instances, it's impossible to get OC to remove their reporting. An isolated late might be doable via GW, but not entire account. 

If you dispute accurate reporting, it will cause score drop when validated. 

If there are any inaccuracies in reporting, feel free to dispute. It wont lead to removal, it will be correction only if incorrect info is present, but again, there will be a score drop when it updates.

If you're still attempting to purchase a home, I would not poke the sleeping bear. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.