Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Deliq./Collection Child Support

tag
Covenant
Established Member

Paid Deliq./Collection Child Support

I paid off my old arreared collection child support to NY State. The trade appears on my credit report as paid. The case worker who handled my account for NY State Child Support Collections said that they don't report to collection agencies and I should ask to verify this debt or it has to be removed. I sent a letter to all 3 reporting agencies and Eqifax is the only agency that removed the trade. What is my next step?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

Re: Paid Deliq./Collection Child Support

Keep us posted on how you resolve this one. I need to know too

No apps until 8/2014
March 2013 Starting FICO Score: EQ: 584 TU: 564 EX: ??
August 2013 Current FICO Scores: EQ:664 EX:684 Walmart TU: 666
Message 2 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

How long ago did you send the letter? They have 30 days to investigate the TL.

Message 3 of 7
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

If they don't report to the credit reporting agencies (I'm assuming that's what you meant), then how is this showing on your credit report? Is it a judgment? Reporting as a Public Record?

Message 4 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Hey Invincible...your cat avatar looks crabby.  I have a male ragdoll who I have nicknamed grumpus, ol sourpus!  Is that a ragdoll?

Message 5 of 7
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Lol - it's the Grumpy Cat from the Internet meme. I posted it because this is what I look like every dang day while waiting for the feds to finish fixing up my rehabbed student loans into some decent-looking tradelines. It's taking forever.

I'mma change it when I finally get this accomplished. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 7
Covenant
Established Member

I send 1st letter in January, and the  2nd letter in March. The trade is showing up on my report as Family Support Services Collection Charge off.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.