Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid OC but CA is still reporting?

tag
dr0265
Valued Member

Paid OC but CA is still reporting?

I had an old collection that I found on my report, and because I wanted to settle this debt even though I'm not completely sure it was mine, I paid the OC-it is being reported by a CA only.  The OC took payment and said that the CA would remove it from my CR.  They did not.  Obviously I did all of this before I was educated by this forum.  Clearly, I should have gotten something in writing, but alas, I did not.  What is my option now? 

Also, I have a medical bill on my CR that is due to fall off July 08 and only because I am absolutely positive that it is not mine, I am just letting it fall off. 

Additionally, there are two small collections that I paid (to the same attorney) these were unexpected and recent.  They agreed to remove them but they only updated as paid.  I GW'd the attorney via fax and within 1 hour they called me back and said that these had been tagged for delete.  They said that I should dispute with the CRA's.  Do I dispute as "Creditor agreed to remove"? 

I have a CO on my account that I disputed with the CRA's 2 years ago.  Because I did not have the common sense to get everything from this company in writing, it came back verified and I could do nothing to prove the verbal agreement.  I was 1.5 months late with a balloon payment on a car loan due to unemployment.  I was back to work within a month and paid in full the amount owed as I had agreed to do and yet they still reported it as a CO.  Would it be worth the time or effort to try and GW this off my reports or should I just leave it alone?  It shows a CO-paid-$0 balance Fairlane Credit LLC(CA)and shows as a profit and loss writeoff with Fairlane Credit (OC).

Any and all advice is much apprecitated.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid OC but CA is still reporting?

dr0265 wrote:
I had an old collection that I found on my report, and because I wanted to settle this debt even though I'm not completely sure it was mine, I paid the OC-it is being reported by a CA only.  The OC took payment and said that the CA would remove it from my CR.  They did not.  Obviously I did all of this before I was educated by this forum.  Clearly, I should have gotten something in writing, but alas, I did not.  What is my option now? 

You can either DV the CA and see if they remove or you can dispute with the CRA. You might also call the OC back and speak to someone about it.

Also, I have a medical bill on my CR that is due to fall off July 08 and only because I am absolutely positive that it is not mine, I am just letting it fall off. 

Additionally, there are two small collections that I paid (to the same attorney) these were unexpected and recent.  They agreed to remove them but they only updated as paid.  I GW'd the attorney via fax and within 1 hour they called me back and said that these had been tagged for delete.  They said that I should dispute with the CRA's.  Do I dispute as "Creditor agreed to remove"? 

Yes

I have a CO on my account that I disputed with the CRA's 2 years ago.  Because I did not have the common sense to get everything from this company in writing, it came back verified and I could do nothing to prove the verbal agreement.  I was 1.5 months late with a balloon payment on a car loan due to unemployment.  I was back to work within a month and paid in full the amount owed as I had agreed to do and yet they still reported it as a CO.  Would it be worth the time or effort to try and GW this off my reports or should I just leave it alone?  It shows a CO-paid-$0 balance Fairlane Credit LLC(CA)and shows as a profit and loss writeoff with Fairlane Credit (OC).

Does it show paid after charge off?

You might try GW and explaining the situation. But if they completely remove the account, depending on what other accounts you have, you could see a score decrease. Especially if it is an older account.

Any and all advice is much apprecitated.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.