Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid collection. GW next steps...

tag
babablue
New Contributor

Paid collection. GW next steps...

I've just settled a collection account with Asset Acceptance and I noticed the amount has been updated to $0 this morning on my CR. Now I want to get the collection off. I plan to buy a house next summer so I would like to get rid of it by the end of the year so my score can have about 6 months to grow.

The collection is with Asset Acceptance like I mentioned, the OC is Wells Fargo.

1) Do I send out good will to the both of them at the same time or do I try Asset first, then WF after?

2) What angle has worked best for people who have had GW success. The only thing I have with Asset is that I was cooperative when they called to collect and paid promptly. I have a bit more of a relationship with WF, customer since 2005, have my auto loan with them and move about $5000 average monthly through them.

3) Are my timelines realistic? Can I be succesful in the next 3 months and is 6 months enough time for my score to pick-up? I have no other baddies and have never missed a payment on any other account except this one. My current scores are EX:666, EQ:675 and TU:658. I just got these here on myfico today.

Thanks in advance

Starting Score: MyCreditKeeper - EX:613 EQ:597 TU:640; PSECU EX:629; Walmart TU:631
Current Score: MyFico - EX:666 EQ:675 TU:658 (9/19/13) ; PSECU EX:711 (12/11/13); Walmart TU:696 (12/2/13)
Goal Score: 700+ across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
money_talks
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paid collection. GW next steps...

Who is reporting the account on your CR? OC or the CA?

If the OC is the only one reporting on your CR, then the OC is the one to send GWs. The CA in this case was just collecting on behalf of the OC. The OC still owned the debt. The CA would not be able to delete the TL from your CR in this scenario.

Message 2 of 6
babablue
New Contributor

Both are reporting...the OC lists as a closed account with $0 and comments that is was charged off. The CA lists separately and is also now showing $0

Starting Score: MyCreditKeeper - EX:613 EQ:597 TU:640; PSECU EX:629; Walmart TU:631
Current Score: MyFico - EX:666 EQ:675 TU:658 (9/19/13) ; PSECU EX:711 (12/11/13); Walmart TU:696 (12/2/13)

Message 3 of 6
babablue
New Contributor

Just an update in case this helps anyone, I decided to go with Lexington law and signed up for their Concorde premier service, I signed up with them on 9/20, and as of 10/22, asset acceptance has been removed from my CR Smiley Very Happy Fingers crossed the WF account can be deleted soon too.

Message 4 of 6
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Can you PM me pricing for LL?

@babablue wrote:

Just an update in case this helps anyone, I decided to go with Lexington law and signed up for their Concorde premier service, I signed up with them on 9/20, and as of 10/22, asset acceptance has been removed from my CR Smiley Very Happy Fingers crossed the WF account can be deleted soon too.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
karaguy

Thats interesting... I'm currently attempting to get Asset Acceptance off mine, but not sure if I'm ready to fork over the money to Lexington Law.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.