Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid collection and credit cards one year ago

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid collection and credit cards one year ago

Back in 2008, I stopped paying my credit cards due to job loss. It wasn't by choice I stopped paying, I just couldn't keep up with the payment. In 2012, I got an income tax refund and settled my accounts, except for 5 accounts and one of those accounts I'm paying slowly. My credit scores are Transunion 541, equifac, 575 and experian 507. I sent out a GW letter to all the collection agencies and credit card companies. Four of them replied with a denial letter. I was thinking about hiring lexington law but i would rather save the money and do it myself. Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid collection and credit cards one year ago

Goodwill them all again and again. Search this forum for good contacts to target.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@starry1 wrote:
Goodwill them all again and again. Search this forum for good contacts to target.

^^^^^^ this

persistance is the key to credit repair. I wouldn't advise using a company like Lexington Law -- I don't have anything negative to say about them, but anything they can do, you can do.. and you can do MORE than they can because they are not allowed to direct dispute things..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? I didn't know I can keep mailing them letters. I will search and send them out again.

Thank you

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.