Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid collection drop off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid collection drop off?

Hello hello there,

I signed up for this great website about 2-3 years ago and since I have brought my score up and fixed my credit situation.

I am looking to purchase a property in the next few months and have the income but checking out my credit report today I have this still showing below.

I paid off an old sprint phone debt for $262 which was sold to NCO financial. I was thinking of sending them a Goodwill letter but the DoFD is showing 12/2005, which is ok because I can wait til early next year to purchase and by that time it should drop off. The confusing part is the date opened which shows 12/2007 and date reported which shows 3/2010 as well as date of last payment which is 3/2010 (when I paid the collection off).

I've read through forums links but I'm still confused as to what date I should take as the starting date of the 7 year period where it will drop off my credit report. Is it 12/2005 or 3/2010??

And if it isn't 12/2005 and dropping off soon, what should I consider to try and remove this from my credit report? A goodwill letter possibly or calling NCO financial directly and speaking to a representative? Thanks for any assistance and answers you can provide. I appreciate it.

NCO FINANCIAL GROUP

507 Prudential Rd
Horsham, PA-190442308

Account Number:1950XXXX Status:COLLECTION ACCOUNT 
Account Owner:Individual Account. High Credit:$262  
Type of Account :OpenCredit Limit: 
Term Duration: Terms Frequency: 
Date Opened:12/2007  Balance:$0  
Date Reported:03/2010 Amount Past Due: 
Date of Last Payment:03/2010 Actual Payment Amount: 
Scheduled Payment Amount: Date of Last Activity:N/A
Date Major Delinquency First Reported:01/2008 Months Reviewed:26 
Creditor Classification: Activity Designator:N/A 
Charge Off Amount: Deferred Payment Start Date: 
Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date: 
Date Closed: Type of Loan:Factoring Company Account (debt buyer) 
Date of First Delinquency:12/2005 
Comments:

Paid collection  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid collection drop off?

Hello and welcome.

The DoFD is the only date that is used to calculate the expiration of the CRTP (Credit Reporting Time Period). Collections can report for up to 7.5 years from the DoFD on the OC account that led to the collection.

If the DoFD of 12/2005 is accurate then this can report no longer than 5/2013.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid collection drop off?

That post above was from a Sprint phone debt from 2005, I updated the post. I thought it was from Wells Fargo but I actually had a 2nd debt which I owed and paid off seperately.

The 2nd one was from Wells Fargo. The info in my first post was from my equifax credit report (700 credit score) and I now check on my transunion and I'm at a 629!

It shows a negative mark of a late payment as of last month reported by Wells Fargo! It doesn't show in the collection category but under accounts category.

On creditkarma.com (yes not an exact number) but my credit score estimate was upper 700's last month and dipped 100 points this month, so I check my reports and find this out. I paid off the balance due to Wells Fargo to a collection agency back in 2010 at the same time I paid off the debt noted above. Anyone know what exactly is going on??? and what should I do??

Even if this is a balance I didn't pay off, how does a company send you to collections 8 years later?? and If it's showing as last date of activity in 2006 then is that the date where the 7 years start counting down from?

Credit CardWells Fargo Card Service

Status as of Jul, 2012
Date opened Dec, 2004
Date of last activity Apr, 2006
Date closed Jun, 2012
Loan type Credit Card
Credit limit  $700
Largest past balance $418
Account Type  Revolving Account
Account holder Individual Account
Industry Banks
Descriptions Paid in full/was a charge off
Contact Information
Credit Bureau Disp
Po Box 14517
Des Moines, IA 50306
(800) 642-4720
]

Balance : 0

Current Status Payment after charge off/collection
Seven year payment history
30 days late: 0 times
60 days late: 0 times
90 + days late: 0 times
Worst Delinquency
None Reported
The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.