Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid collection in 2006 newly reported in 2010

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid collection in 2006 newly reported in 2010

I had a medical collection that I paid in full in August of 2006.  Well fast forward to today and it's reported again in 5/2010 I called the CA and they said not to worry they reported a paid in full ?  Why report anything at all?  How do I get these knuckleheads to get rid of this? I disputed with EQ ( That's the only one reporting) and they came back with the paid in full story.  Experian and TU deleted all info regarding this matter now how to get EQ to do the same..Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid collection in 2006 newly reported in 2010

quick edit TU and EX deleted this stuff back in February of this year

Message 2 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

As long as it's reporting correctly, you can try one of two things...Send GW letters or try the "HIPAA Process".

This site no longer has the steps of the HIPAA Process, but try to Google it.

Some people had good luck with the HIPAA process while other have not,but it doesnt hurt to try.

As a positive note...collections hurt less and less as time goes on.Smiley Wink  

Wait a minute, there is something about where they have to notify you within 5days if it was reinstated on your CR.

I'll have to find it or maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about.

Sorry If I'm totally wrong about this part. It Monday and my mind is going in a million different directions. 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be great thank you.  I'm just annoyed after 4 years they report it again when it's been deleted.  Does it stay on your report 7 years after the last payment when it was paid in full or when it was last reported?  It doesn't seem fair that they can keep reporting a paid item

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

That would be great thank you.  I'm just annoyed after 4 years they report it again when it's been deleted.  Does it stay on your report 7 years after the last payment when it was paid in full or when it was last reported?  It doesn't seem fair that they can keep reporting a paid item

The only date that matters is DoFD (Date of First Delinquency) which for medical collections is considered the date of service. That is what you need to know. Then the removal date is 7-7.5 years from the DoFD depending on how you read the statutes but in any case no longer than 7.5 years.

Nothing can change this date. So find out the DoFD and you'll know how long it will show on your reports.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.