cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid collections... can I get rid of the original creditor?

tag
Bellasmom15
New Contributor

Paid collections... can I get rid of the original creditor?

I recently paid off a collection with LVNV for an old credit one card, and LVNV/Resurgent did as promised by removing their collection account on my report. I'm also working on paying off an old first premier with First national collection who said they will give me a release of liability (not sure of that means First premier can be removed through dispute after its paid... FNCB doesn't show as a collection account).

Now that I paid the collection on the credit one, can I have their negative trade line removed some how? Through dispute or amother way? I've had another credit one card that's been in 100% good standing for a couple months now with a $500 limit... and would like to get rid of the old trade line from years ago. 

Also, can anyone tell me more about the release of liability of debt that first national mentioned? It sounded to me like once paid I could diapute first premier and have it removed? 

Any advice is greatly appreciated! I've done A LOT of work on our credit. My Fiance's is almost spotless and would like to get mine as close to that as possible. I have old student loans from a previous servicer that will affect me for a little while longer... so, I'd like those to be the ONLY thing affecting me since the previous servicer won't budge with a goodwill 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid collections... can I get rid of the original creditor?

@Bellasmom15 wrote:

I recently paid off a collection with LVNV for an old credit one card, and LVNV/Resurgent did as promised by removing their collection account on my report. I'm also working on paying off an old first premier with First national collection who said they will give me a release of liability (not sure of that means First premier can be removed through dispute after its paid... FNCB doesn't show as a collection account).

Now that I paid the collection on the credit one, can I have their negative trade line removed some how? Through dispute or amother way? I've had another credit one card that's been in 100% good standing for a couple months now with a $500 limit... and would like to get rid of the old trade line from years ago. 

Also, can anyone tell me more about the release of liability of debt that first national mentioned? It sounded to me like once paid I could diapute first premier and have it removed? 

Any advice is greatly appreciated! I've done A LOT of work on our credit. My Fiance's is almost spotless and would like to get mine as close to that as possible. I have old student loans from a previous servicer that will affect me for a little while longer... so, I'd like those to be the ONLY thing affecting me since the previous servicer won't budge with a goodwill 

Some of my OC have removed the original tradeline once it has been sold to a CA. Most of them do it to avoid any potential liability with innacurate reporting. 

Is the charge-off reporting with a $0 balance or open balance?

Message 2 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Unfortunately no, you can't have it removed by simply disputing OCs. Best you can do is email/mail letters to them and ask for GW removal, though it is highly unlikely, but worth a shot.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 4
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Direct message me. I have the icontact info for Credit One executive office. Email and phone. I was in the exact same situation. I had a CO, collection and a current Credit One card in good standing. They removed it almost instantly. No hassle, no nothing. You're exactly where I was at to a T. Lmk and I'll send you the info. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.