Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off 3k...Equifax doesn’t budge.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid off 3k...Equifax doesn’t budge.

How exactly do I pay off 3k in debt...and two scores move up between 4-6 points. And Equifax doesn’t do anything? Does it update differently? Irony. I added $24 to a card for a total of $24/2000 and my score drops 2 points across the board.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Paid off 3k...Equifax doesn’t budge.

@Anonymous  Hi and welcome to the forums 

Scoring gains depends on whether the utilization threshold were crossed. If they were not, you would probably not see a huge scoring gain. 

Without knowing what your accounts looked like (limits and balances) before and after pay down, it's impossible to tell. 

Is there any negative info on your CR that might be suppressing your scores?  

Message 2 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Also, did the other two CRA "budge" and how are you monitoring your scores? 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid off two balances. One was a Key Bank CC with a 2000 limit. The other was a closed account. Monitoring it via the Fico website. Just surprised that I paid off one revolving line and one account that was closed and Equifax didn’t move like the other two did. That’s all.
Message 4 of 5
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I paid off two balances. One was a Key Bank CC with a 2000 limit. The other was a closed account. Monitoring it via the Fico website. Just surprised that I paid off one revolving line and one account that was closed and Equifax didn’t move like the other two did. That’s all.

Equifax is my lowest score and they have less collections on them. Also my other two say i have 1 thing Helping my score and Equifax says i have nothing helping my score.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.