Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off Car Loan

tag
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Paid off Car Loan

Hello,

I have a paid off car loan that I paid off in April that is still showing on my credit reports as open and with a balance.  The account has not been updated on my reports since April.  I was wondering should I not worry to much about it or should I dispute with the CRAs as being inaccurate?

I'm not sure how much damage my FICO score would take by this account closing, being this car loan and one secured credit card are the only positive open accounts on my reports right now, if this account gets closed i'll only have the secured credit card as my only positive open account.

Do closed, paid off, good standing, accounts help your FICO score any?

I do have 4 closed, paid off, good standing signature loans on my reports that will be falling off in a few years due to the 10 year mark.

Thanks.

v/r
JShidell
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paid off Car Loan

Have you tried opening up some new CC accounts?  That really helped my score, because we had none whatsoever.  Household gave DH and I both one (1000, 750 CL) with scores under 600.  A few more positive TL's would definitly help you out. 
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.