cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off a collection, what should be my next step with the original creditor removing the account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid off a collection, what should be my next step with the original creditor removing the account?

Good evening to all & i hope everyone is doing well during this tough time.

So heres my dilemna with The Bank Of Missouri / Milestone Mastercard who last reported to my EQ CR April 2020

They sold the account to Orion Portfolio Services who hired Trident Assest Management to colect the debt.

I only seen Trident on my CR so i got in contact with them about a PFD. Although they wouldnt send me a letter with the agreement they said over the phone they would send a "courtesy" letter to the CB's asking them to delete the account. We settled at $592 from $740 and i spoke with them today & they said the letters were sent out and i should see a change in 30 days. i then proceed to ask about the OC Milestone and the rep told me they shouldnt be reporting since they sold the debt. I then called the OC which is giving me a run around. Telling me i need to contact the new debtor since they dont own the account. What should be my next step in getting this removed ? Info below

*** Funny thing is i have another account with The Bank of Missouri which is the Indigo Mastercard that got charged off. When i spoke to a rep she informed me once i paid the collection off that the OC and collection would be deleted**  

TBOM / MILESTONE MC *Last payment Jan 18’ Reported Neg Only 8&9/18

Original Creditor – {Company Sold - } {Account Type REVOLVING}

Date Opened Jun 15, 2017 {Account Status! Closed}

Payment Status - Account transferred to another office

Status Updated Sep 01, 2018 {Balance - } {Balance Updated Sep 27, 2018}

Credit Limit  $300 {Monthly Payment  - } {Past Due Amount - } {Highest Balance - }

Responsibility Individual

Your Statement **CONSUMER STATEMENT** Y ITEM DISPUTED BY CONSUMER

Comments Subscriber reports dispute resolved - consumer disagrees

Completed investigation of FCRA dispute — consumer disagrees

TRIDENT ASSET MANAGEMENT *Reporting Neg Since 11/18

*Added $440 in interest from original account above CL was $300*

Original Creditor TBOM MILESTONE MC {Company Sold - }

Account Type COLLECTION {Date Opened Sep 26, 2018}

Account Status! -Payment Status Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

Status Updated Sep 01, 2018 {Balance $740} {Balance Updated Apr 13, 2020} Original Balance $740 {Monthly Payment - }

{Past Due Amount - } (Highest Balance –) {Terms 1 Month}  {Responsibility Individual}

Your Statement **CONSUMER STATEMENT** Y ITEM DISPUTED BY CONSUMER

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Paid off a collection, what should be my next step with the original creditor removing the accou

Well all you can do is go by their words and pay them off. Creditors have agreements with the CRA's to post accurate info and no deletions. But the Creditors pay the CRA's to report for them. So they do it anyways. Letit ride out and see if they honored their promise.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid off a collection, what should be my next step with the original creditor removing the accou

thanks for the fast response, i think you misread my question.  Im not worried about the collection account honoring their word on the deletion. I need help with the original creditor removing the charge off. Just wondering whats the best way to approach them. Lets say collection does their part and removes i will still have the charge off showing on my report

Message 3 of 6
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

What did you dispute?   Is the OC not reporting accurately?

Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for the fast response, i think you misread my question.  Im not worried about the collection account honoring their word on the deletion. I need help with the original creditor removing the charge off. Just wondering whats the best way to approach them. Lets say collection does their part and removes i will still have the charge off showing on my report

Charge offs are next to impossible to get removed. You can write GW letters. But dont get your hopes up. Its a 1% chance of success. 1 30 day late is easier and that takes a miracle in itself alone.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i disputed that a year ago, this was before i found the forum and was trying to get out of a debt i truly owned hoping they wouldnt respond. With the help of the forum i now go about handling my credit the correct and honest way. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.