Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid off collections

I am new here but spent the whole night reading these forums and you guys are so helpful so im seeking help with my situation.

I recently paid 3 collections that i had on my credit reports last month. I didnt know anything about pay for delete or anything like that so I just paid the collection agencies. My question for you guys is it too late now to get it off my report or what are my options?

Info on my collections:

EQ $456 and $172

TU $1180

All medical bills completely my fault for not taking care of them.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid off collections

@Anonymous wrote:

I am new here but spent the whole night reading these forums and you guys are so helpful so im seeking help with my situation.

I recently paid 3 collections that i had on my credit reports last month. I didnt know anything about pay for delete or anything like that so I just paid the collection agencies. My question for you guys is it too late now to get it off my report or what are my options?

Info on my collections:

EQ $456 and $172

TU $1180

All medical bills completely my fault for not taking care of them.

The time to make requests and demands is BEFORE you pay them, not after. You get the agreement in writing, THEN you pay. Once you have paid you have lost all leverage to get any concessions of any kind.

Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Could you please list who the CA's names are? Thanks. Congrats on paying them all off. And welcome to the forums!

Message 3 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

^This is normally true, however, not all hope is lost. You can call the CAs back and ask if they can delete now that they've been paid in full. You can also ask the OC (the hospital) to recall the debt since its been paid in full. Finally you can try the GW Saturation Technique and send constant letters and hope that they'll give in eventually and delete.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collection agencies are IC Systems and First Point collection resources.

Thanks for the replies.
Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thanks for the list of names. Wish they were one of the PFD agencies. But as far as I know. They aren't one of them. IC System has done some PFD's after some reasearch.But that was to PIF for PFD. Being past that. Theres always GW letters. I couldnt find a First Point collection PFD thread or any info on searching them. Same applies. Doesnt hurt to try. You wont know until you give it a shot. Call them even. Be polite and ask nicely id they would delete since you PIF. Best of luck and Happy Holidays!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.