cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off old debt...how long until it is reported?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid off old debt...how long until it is reported?

How long does it typically take for creditors/collection agencies to report that an account that was past due or in collections is now paid? I know that it will continue to remain on my account as negative, but figured the $0 balance was better.

In addition, several of these items were due to a former roommate not paying the bill when I moved. I have disputed these with the credit agencies and stated that I would have paid if I was aware of the bill after moving. Hopefully they will be sympathetic since the balance is paid. I know that this will take 30-90 days.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid off old debt...how long until it is reported?

You are correct unless deleted from CR they will remain approx.7 years from DOFD.  Paid only helps with a manual pull.

The CRAs (if that is where you sent a statment) will do nothing!!!   wait untill it is reported and then send GW letters asking for delete to whoever you paid.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid off old debt...how long until it is reported?

Creditors usually have their dates...they report...but some can put in the request...with 72 hours...they say 30 days...but I have been told several times...with CA's...that the request would be put in...and after a week....they were updated...

Do you plan on sending GW letters???...a CA old me they DO NOT do PFD...but as soon as they updated the account PAID...with the CRA...I sent them a GW letter...a few days letter...I got a letter...saying they would delete...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.