Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Partial) GW Success with Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

(Partial) GW Success with Discover

My wife had a Discover card from 2000 to 2003 and was late a few times, but eventually paid it off and they closed her account.  I sent them a GW letter asking to remove the lates, but heard nothing, so I send a second one to Carlos [edited], the Executive Vice President of Cardmember Services and Consumer Banking.  We then received a form letter from Discover stating that they will remove the TL from her reports, but that it could take up to 30 days.  Her TC report showed it was gone from EX by 10/14 and from TU by 10/20.  A few weeks later, we received a reply from Carlos [edited] office stating that because the account was so old, they could not remove the lates, but would instead remove the TL, and again said it might take up to 30 days.  I do not recall when we received the letter, but it is still showing on EQ.  Is EQ simply being slower to respond, or do I need to do something to poke them awake, like disputing?

Edited to remove personal information. Sharing of personal information belonging to you or another person is prohibited on the forums. --sidewinder

Message Edited by sidewinder on 11-11-2008 04:11 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: (Partial) GW Success with Discover

Bump

Should I send another letter to "Carlos" about removing it from EQ, or just keep waiting?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mike

Which address did you use to send discover card GW letter? I am on the same boat and hoping they would remove some of the lates.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the address I used the first time:

Discover Financial Services, LLC

PO Box 15316 

Wilmington , DE 19850-5316

And the second time:

Discover Financial Services, LLC

2500 Lake Cook Road 

Riverwoods, IL 60015 

I sent it to the Vice President of Cardmember Services the second time.  You can use Google or other search engine to find out his name.

Message 4 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Mike, I would give it the full 30 days and a few more for snail mail.

Too bad they are losing the entire TL. You are losing valuable age there (8 yrs). AAoA will drop, if this TL is older than your AAoA, this will likely cost some points.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right, I'd rather they remove just the lates, but I feel that even if her score goes down, having a clean credit report is more important, and the scores will follow.  AAoA is 6 years, but oldest account is 9 years
Message 6 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't think that you should get too much of a drop, if any with AAoA of six years. THe account in question is only eight years old, so I don't see much of a drop.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.