Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial payments/late payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Partial payments/late payments

I was unemployed for 4 months. I had payment protection on my cards, but I thought that I could only use those for Involuntary unemployment. Mine was voluntary because I was moving out of state. (yea I should have asked anyway, ugh) During those 4 months, I did make partial payments, but my credit cards reported as late. I'm finally starting to get back on track and I am wondering how soon can I ask to get the late payments removed? My score tanked because of this and I'm getting married next year so I need to fix this asap. Also, one account closed (Chase) due to this, yet I have made payment arrangements and it still shows active on my bank account, if the account is noted as 'Closed by credit grantor' how much does that hurt my credit report? Thanks
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Partial payments/late payments

If your back on track now...you can ask for a GW adjustment now...it might be better to call...and talk to a rep...and ask for the lates to be revised (removed)....you should have a good chance...I don't know the affect of the "closed by granitor"...but I don't think its bad...as long as its not a charge off...or is it???...
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.