Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past 30 statue for Texas Finance Code

tag
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Past 30 statue for Texas Finance Code

I DV a debt collector and it is past the 30 days alloted and still haven't gotten a response.  I live in Texas, so am I correct that the item should be deleted from my credit?  Do I need to contact the CRA and send them a copy of the letter with all CMRRR copies?  And do I cite Texas code and demand that they delete the items from my report?  How should this be handled?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Past 30 statue for Texas Finance Code

@EDub357 wrote:

I DV a debt collector and it is past the 30 days alloted and still haven't gotten a response.  I live in Texas, so am I correct that the item should be deleted from my credit?  Do I need to contact the CRA and send them a copy of the letter with all CMRRR copies?  And do I cite Texas code and demand that they delete the items from my report?  How should this be handled?

Hi EDub357, did you cite the Texas Finance Code in your DV letter to the CA? 

Message 2 of 7
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

No i didn't, but the day after they received my DV, they sent me a letter stating that they are awaiting the information I requested and will send it to me as soon as they receive it. Do i have to cite Texas Finance Code in order to demand the item be deleted?

Message 3 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Yes you do need to cite the Texas Finance Code. Texas probably is the most consumer friendly state out there. When you cite it, the CA MUST respond. 

Message 4 of 7
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

So what now?  Do I send another letter siting Texas Code and wait another 30 days?

Message 5 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, you will have to send another with the Texas Financial Code.  Remember to send it CMRRR for a paper trail.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.