Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patience is a Virtue in the Rebuild Effort

tag
satio
Frequent Contributor

Patience is a Virtue in the Rebuild Effort

I got intentional about fixing my scores in November 2018.

EX 575

EQ 589

TU 584

August 2 2019

EX 609

EQ 677

TU 665

My main issue were (3) COs from Capital One, two that I paid off and remaining CO tradeline Cap 1 chose to remove altogether as the statute had passed and they would not allow me to make payment against it. When I pursued it with them they actually ended up deleting it altogether since they would not allow me to make a payment against it. Why they didn't roll it into the other judgements they had against me in 2015 was an oversight on their part I guess but no reason to complain.

The two that I did pay have taken near 60 days from payment date receipt (May 29) to finally reflect 0 balance on TU and EQ. EX is still the slow one for some reason and has still failed to update as of August 2nd. All other credit improvement transactions I have made EX has always been the quickest. Cap1 report date was July 13 on TU and EQ. So waiting patiently for EX to catch up.... don't want to raise a dispute just want the darn thing to update.

I had a few other collections that I was able to PFD and I have one 30 day late from Discover dating back to September 2017 which if the score simulators are correct I will get a bump in another 30 days across all three CRAs as that late becomes > 24 months.

Discover chose to close my account during a review after paying balance to 0 based on the COs that were still existing in my CR earlier this year. That left me with a single CC revolver with USAA who has stuck by me through all my hard troubles, never reduced my CL and I paid religiously through the tenure of financial struggles.

I have been patiently waiting for these 0 balances to post and the 30 day late to age before opening any new account in the hopes that scores improvement as a result will allow me to secure CCs I want longer term rather than just getting low CL secured "rebuilder" accounts.

I was accepted to NFCU as a member this week (father was in Air Force) and opened checking/savings in preparation for building a relationship there with with at least one CC account and likely an SSL as I have no current installments or mortgage loans active.

I'm also checking prequals for a second new account with other lenders.

I know the NFCU CC will be a HP but I believe the SSL is only SP as it will be secured by items earmarked in Savings share account.

Is it best to space out any other HP for new account by at least 6 months? 

Any suggestion other than to wait out EX update for another 30 days?

I appreciate all that I have learned from others experiences and look forward to any helpful feedback.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Patience is a Virtue in the Rebuild Effort

@satio wrote:

I got intentional about fixing my scores in November 2018.

EX 575

EQ 589

TU 584

August 2 2019

EX 609

EQ 677

TU 665

My main issue were (3) COs from Capital One, two that I paid off and remaining CO tradeline Cap 1 chose to remove altogether as the statute had passed and they would not allow me to make payment against it. When I pursued it with them they actually ended up deleting it altogether since they would not allow me to make a payment against it. Why they didn't roll it into the other judgements they had against me in 2015 was an oversight on their part I guess but no reason to complain.

The two that I did pay have taken near 60 days from payment date receipt (May 29) to finally reflect 0 balance on TU and EQ. EX is still the slow one for some reason and has still failed to update as of August 2nd. All other credit improvement transactions I have made EX has always been the quickest. Cap1 report date was July 13 on TU and EQ. So waiting patiently for EX to catch up.... don't want to raise a dispute just want the darn thing to update.

I had a few other collections that I was able to PFD and I have one 30 day late from Discover dating back to September 2017 which if the score simulators are correct I will get a bump in another 30 days across all three CRAs as that late becomes > 24 months.

Discover chose to close my account during a review after paying balance to 0 based on the COs that were still existing in my CR earlier this year. That left me with a single CC revolver with USAA who has stuck by me through all my hard troubles, never reduced my CL and I paid religiously through the tenure of financial struggles.

I have been patiently waiting for these 0 balances to post and the 30 day late to age before opening any new account in the hopes that scores improvement as a result will allow me to secure CCs I want longer term rather than just getting low CL secured "rebuilder" accounts.

I was accepted to NFCU as a member this week (father was in Air Force) and opened checking/savings in preparation for building a relationship there with with at least one CC account and likely an SSL as I have no current installments or mortgage loans active.

I'm also checking prequals for a second new account with other lenders.

I know the NFCU CC will be a HP but I believe the SSL is only SP as it will be secured by items earmarked in Savings share account.

Is it best to space out any other HP for new account by at least 6 months? 

Any suggestion other than to wait out EX update for another 30 days?

I appreciate all that I have learned from others experiences and look forward to any helpful feedback.

Congrats on your success so far! NFCU will HP TU for any new accounts, even secured accounts; they will HP EQ for CLIs. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.