Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay For Delete Questions!?!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay For Delete Questions!?!?!

Hi everyone, I sent a Pay for Delete letter IN AN EMAIL to Commonwealth Financial Systems yesterday. I got an immediate response EMAIL back this morning. My question is, is a pay for delete response from them VALID even though it's over EMAIL and not a physical piece of paper sent through the mail? I sent the normal PFD template from google and they responded with this:

"Commonwealth Financial Systems, Inc. is authorized by our client to resolve the above-mentioned account for
$153.12.
Payment Schedule
Aug 31, 2019 $153.12
Upon clearance of funds, this account will be closed and the three major credit bureaus will be
notified to delete the above referenced account as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Discount Expires: Aug 31, 2019
Sincerely, Shawn *******
Collections representative
This is an attempt to collect a debt, by a debt collector, any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
This letter is subject to receipt of payment total. If made, this letter serves as authorization to remit said payment. If payment is
voided or offer not accepted/completed by dates listed above, CFSI is not obligated to renew the offer."

As you can see It's got his name at the bottom but it's not an "actual" signature. Does that matter? Also, how do I go about paying? I shouldnt just call and pay by Debit Card right? I'm assuming I should send a check through the mail?

Thanks so much in advance everyone. It's very much appreciated!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Pay For Delete Questions!?!?!

If they agreed to PFD. Usually they wont send a letter. They are bound by the CRA's guidelines not to delete items. But more and more agencies are doing PFD's. But that e-mail would constitute an agreement to remove the account from your reports. I'd jump on it ASAP and get it out of your life. But dont dispute it once done. It may take 30-45 days for removal from the CRA's depending on when they do their updates. Congrats!

Send a money order, cashiers check, or any other type of payment. But no personal checks or credit cards. Send it certified with return reciept knowing they got your payment. Congrats!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your quick response. I'll immediately pay. Would the "Pay a Bill option" using the Western Union kiosk at Walgreens Work?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with FM, I would jump on that deal ASAP.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I'm not familiar with Money Orders as I've never used one. I'm going to go to the Post Office immediately to buy one. Anything specific I need to put in there. And for Name and address do I literally put "Commonwealth Financial Systems" and the address of the letter they sent me? Thanks again
Message 5 of 9
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Yes that is right and you can also ask them for help or whoever you get the money order from to see how to fill it out.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 6 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Send a money order, cashiers check, or any other type of payment. But no personal checks or credit cards. Send it certified with return reciept knowing they got your payment. Congrats!

Yup no personal checks by mail or phone ever to a CA, however, a credit card is just fine its a debit card one would not want to use with a CA as it too gives direct access to ones bank information and account. A credit card has plenty of protections built in should any problem arise.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m about to work on getting a collection removed from them as well for an old ER visit. Would you mind sending me a copy in PM of the email you sent? Minus, all your personal information of course. Just the bare bones template.

May I also ask if you paid in full or settled for a certain %?

Edited for typo
Message 8 of 9
Nixired187

Congrats!!!  Would you care to share the PFD email you sent the CA?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.