Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay For Delete on a Public Record / Judgment

tag
zeek69
Valued Member

Pay For Delete on a Public Record / Judgment

I have a judgment listed in the public records section of my credit report. I would like to pay the debt off in full. Is it possible to ask the creditor to delete the judgment if pay the debt in full? It is my intention to pay in full regardless. Should I hire an attorney to deal with this?

Thank you
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay For Delete on a Public Record / Judgment

If you want to pay it off in full.  Send a Settlement letter to oc.  Get it in writing before you pay it.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A judgment is a judgment...all you can do it pay it and wait for it to fall off...or pay it..go to the courts..and hope the lawyer in the suit will give you a "Release of Judgment"...
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen where a few people have sent a PFD on a judgment. I have never done it myself but I can't see what it could hurt.

Send a PFD to whoever received the judgment.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zeek,
Do you have a way to check your judgements online?  I found a way to check the 3 judgements I had online.  Come to find out 1 for $8200 was dismissed and another for $2300 was closed.  I went home to the state where the judgements were and had them to look it up and give me the copies.  I faxed the info to the CRA yesterday and today.  The dismiss was done in 2006.  I had no ideal.  That saves me $8200.

So, try to do some research and make sure they are still valid. I was shocked.  Now, I am hoping that my scores will go up and up and up...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cruise,

Where did you go for the data? I'd like to find that info myself.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have public record as well. The OC or CA or Lawyer who sued you can not remove a judgment from your record for PFD. The judgment must be vacated by the court and signed by a judge. The OC/CA/Lawyer can have this done through the court system. If you have the $, get an attorney will cost but the stakes go up in your favor for the process to go smoother and alot faster for removal.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.