Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay OC to remove Judgment...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay OC to remove Judgment...

I'm working on this myself. I have a letter from the OC stating that the judgment doesn't belong to me and has been paid. So far, EQ deleted it, although never responded to my dispute. EX said they would delete it, but hasn't. I'm about to fax "please kindly do what you say you would" letter. TU waited more than 60 days to respond to my dispute, then refused my MOV request. I am waiting on response to a second MOV or delete request, but it looks like my next step is an attorney. I'm in NJ and I think the Motion to Vacate SOL is only a year. Unfortunately, it takes time for this stuff to show up on your CRAs, so I didn't act on it sooner. Any other suggestions?

Good luck!
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Liz... so you disputed after you paid the judgement and the CRA deleted it from you CBR? I have got to do something because I have 4 judgments on my CBR and 2 are paid. One I am thinking about paying and the other I am not paying. But i would pay them all if I knew for sure they would be pulled off of my report. It is just that no one at my courthouse knows what the heck I am talking about when I ask for a motion to vacate. Maybe I need to call a lawyer, it might be called something else here in VA.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you'll need to contact a lawyer. VA is NOT a "self-help" state.
Message 13 of 17
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Liz... so you disputed after you paid the judgement and the CRA deleted it from you CBR? I have got to do something because I have 4 judgments on my CBR and 2 are paid. One I am thinking about paying and the other I am not paying. But i would pay them all if I knew for sure they would be pulled off of my report. It is just that no one at my courthouse knows what the heck I am talking about when I ask for a motion to vacate. Maybe I need to call a lawyer, it might be called something else here in VA.

What part of Virginia are you. I am currently working with the only consumer attorney in the state and going to court on Friday against Portfolio.

PM me and I can probably refer you if you in Hampton Roads.
Here we go again...
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in Richmond. I guess I can just look in the phone book. But what that mean that we are not a self-help state? Does that mean i cant do this on my own. I have to have a lawyer. Is there a website that offers free advice on credit issues?
Message 15 of 17
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am in Richmond. I guess I can just look in the phone book. But what that mean that we are not a self-help state? Does that mean i cant do this on my own. I have to have a lawyer. Is there a website that offers free advice on credit issues?

Richmond isn't but so far away. The attorney I am working with is in Newport News.

Not sure about the self help stuff.
Here we go again...
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Self-help" refers to a state's willingness to let you file motions and suits (other than small claims) without legal representation.

Some states make it easy for their residents. Some don't.

VA doesn't, that I'm aware of.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.