cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay and Pray or Settle - Midland Credit Management??!! Need advice...

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pay and Pray or Settle - Midland Credit Management??!! Need advice...

How did you "beat the judgment?"  Did it go to trial, with some determination by the court as to the legitimacy of the debt?

Or was their action dismissed for some administrative reason?

Message 11 of 26
surbee
Valued Member

hi there! could someone be so kind as to share via PM a midland contact? i'd like to try offering a full payment in exchange for a delete. hoping to fix a few things to get approved for a mortgage. really appreciate any help!

-------------
06/2013 -- TU 690 - EX 674 - EQ 673
03/2013 -- TU 638 - EX 685 - EQ 654
01/2013 -- TU 607 - EX 573 - EQ 597

GOAL -- All Above 700... I'll get there soon enough!
Message 12 of 26
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Can you also PM the information please?? Thank you so much.

Message 13 of 26
ChrisRhea1219

Pleaes PM me the contact information to MCM also.  I have 4 accounts on my report, that I paid in a settlement.  However, I am looking to pay for removal.

Thanks. Chris

Message 14 of 26
ChrisRhea1219

May I please get the email/contact to Midland Credit Management also?  I have four accounts on my CR that have paid in settlement abotu a year ago.  I'm looking to pay for removal or find a way to get them removed.  I've tried disputing them with the CR and also GW.  No luck.

Thanks, Chris.

Message 15 of 26
ChrisRhea1219

By chane did you get the PM with Midland Credit Management contact information?  If so, may I get it?  I have 4 CO accounts from MCM on my CR, I'm looking to pay for removal or some other way get them removed.  Smiley Happy

Thanks. Chris.

Message 16 of 26
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

just a little incident i had with midland last week i thought id share.

settlement offer 40% (seems to be the norm)...was in the works for negotiating a pfd but wanted to see their initial offer first so i could go from there. anyway, i said 'ok, fax me the offer and ill call you back same day' (i dont do squat without it in writing...just my personal thing). they faxed an offer all right...a demand for payment in full.

now, im not jumping to conclusions, and willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here. sure, it may have been a minor mix-up with the first-day-on-the-job assistant that handles the fax room, orrrrr.....well you see what im saying.

Message 17 of 26
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

I settled with midland for less than, and managed to get a delete. It can and does happen, but you have to be super nice and come up with an angle or great sob story. work with one person, and become friends. thats what I did. took 45 days. I would call her daily. I believe Ben has her name. If you start bashing or ripping them they will shut you down. 

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 18 of 26
teakitty

I'm new here*waves*

found this forum while search for Midlind Funding contact info.

Hoping to do a PFD (planning on offered to pay the full amount) but would accept a settlement offer if they refuse to do PFD. Their website doesn't really offer much in the way of address to send mail,would anyone mind sharing an email or snail mail address I can use to begin the process?

Message 19 of 26
Vwaller72
Valued Member

Could someone please send me contact information for Midland? I had an old collection from 2009 pop up on my credit report today, a day after my file for my mortgage went to underwritng. :-(

Current scores EX: 678 (lender pull), MyFICO TU: 696 & EQ: 664
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.