Pay charge offs or bankruptcy

tag
MarcuzAgrippa
Established Member

Re: Pay charge offs or bankruptcy

@MileHigh96 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, 

Thanks for the advice. Thanks to everyone that responded with help / advice. I was leaning BK but I just needed confirmation. It's just difficult when you hear so many different opinions rgearding BK. It's either the best thing or the worst. So I was really hesitant to proceed. 

The next thing to do would be to shop around for an attorney.  I would talk to at least 2 or 3 unless you find one right away that ypou feel immediately comfotable with.  Or unless someone you trust can recommend one to you.  The initial consultation is usually free and the fees they charge can vary wildly, so it's worth it to shop around.  Good luck going forward.

I second this. I almost filed BK a few years back but realized I would've been slowing my rebuild once I was able to negotiate some PFDs, get a few secured cards, and my score turned North as opposed to South. My main reason was from talking to a few attorneys I found a few good ones that took a look at the credit reports and told me don't do it and they wouldn't even take my case. All the others were pushing for a CH. 13 as opposed to a CH. 7 since it was going to make them more money. I even had picked up a second job to help cover the debts and one of the attorneys who tried to push me to a CH. 13 told me I should quit the job...sleazy to say the least. If you have large balances with these creditors then I would lean towards a CH. 7 to clear the slate and move on. It doesn't sound like you have any assets at risk to go the way of CH. 13 and save those. Def speak with at least 3 separate attorneys. I would also avoid the big BK firms who just churn out BKs left and right as those lawyers work for commissions and bonuses from what I've found when I spoke to them. @Anonymous 

Current Cards (In order of acquisition):

Authorized User: Cap1 $4250 w/ 3+ years AAoA, AMEX $1k w/ less than a year AAoA
Current Auto Loan:
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, thanks for the advice. It really helps when you hear from people that were in the same situation. Thank you !

Message 12 of 13
Crookid
Established Member

I suggest filing for BK else you'll have to wait til your current on all accounts or the accounts fall off.  I have been waiting 6 years and I still have a few derogatory accounts waiting to fall off.  Its not worth the wait in your shoes with so many derogatory accounts.

3.14.2021 Starting Scores: Equifax 470 | Experian 483 | Transunion 490
3.28.2022 Equifax 610 AAoA 1 yr 2m 19 INQ 3 Baddies | Experian 630 AAoA 7 months 16 INQ 3 Baddies | Transunion 622 AAoA 7 months 13 INQ 2 Baddies
Total Revolving Credit: $13,000 Utilization: 0% | NFCU Cash Rewards: $5,500 | NFCU nRewards: $500 | Fortiva: $500 | Capital One Platinum: $200 |
PCB Platinum: $200 | Surge Mastercard: $500 | Total Visa: $300 | Credit One: $600 | Milestone Gold: $300 | Revvi Visa: $300 | First Premier $500 | MissionLane $1000 | First Savings $350 | Blaze $600 | Legacy Visa $350 | Merrick Bank $600 | Open Sky $200 | Taz Visa $350 | First Progress $200
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.