Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for Delete never taken off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay for Delete never taken off?

I had two negative accounts, one with fred meyer and one with paypal from when I was 22-23 years old. Both still show on my credit even though they agreed to delete these if I paid. This was 4 years ago and my mom had taken care of it seeing as I had no idea about credit and how it worked, so I do not have the paperwork stating the pay for delete. Should I write the companys and explain the situation or is there something else I should do?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
solstice00
Regular Contributor

Re: Pay for Delete never taken off?

Do you have anything in writing from them?

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I don't this has been a couple years ago
Message 3 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Sent a short and sweet G W letter to them. IME, sometimes a phone call works.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok how would I do the gw letter on this. The ones I've done I generally use my payment history since the delinquency as a selling point
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.