cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for Delete

tag
kh84

Pay for Delete

My husband and I applied for a USDA loan. We were told that we had to get 2 collections (the only ones on his report) deleted in order to be approved. Lender specifically said deleted, "paid in full" would do nothing for us.I called the collections agency, offered paying IN FULL in exchange for deletion. The "supervisor" actually told me that they would rather have the amount unpaid than delete it for us. Now... obviously this makes no sense. He was exteremly rude, so I don't know if I could get somewhere with a different person on the phone. But, does anyone have any tips for successfully negotiating a pay for delete? Again, the amount is small ($211) and I offered to pay in full, no settlement required. It is a medical debt, the name of the company is Stallings Financial. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pay for Delete

Send a PFD by mail, also look at climbing up the ladder to someone who can make things like this happen.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
racer-x
Valued Contributor

h  i  p  p  a       ?

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Their reporting agreements with the CRAs stipulate that they are not to delete prior reporting based on payment of the debt.

Thus, they are complying with their reporting obligations, which is often incorporated into internal policy passed down to underlings.

Some get PFD or GW acceptance by getting to an ear up the management chain, who has discretion to grant exceptions to their standard "policy."

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.