Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay off or PFD? Need help!

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pay off or PFD? Need help!

This debt was paid by a charitable organization.  That means that the OP does not owe a bill, it was paid for him.  My advice is to contact the OC and get the information concerning this from them. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 11 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Just reread your posts and you have documentation stating this was paid.  I would DV the CA and I would include a copy of this with my DV.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 12 of 16
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

That is what I thought, with it being FFCC and I am 90% sure it is from an emergency room visit I am not sure if the Charity covered the doctor cost or not. 

I am going to call the Hospital Monday and see what they say, if I can't get an answer from them I will be contact the CRA's about the dispute and then Sending DV to the CA for validation. 

For the CO how should I go about contacting them to request of PIF have the CO notation removed?  I will NOT call them, when I first lost my job they called my boss, my cousins (who I had not talked to in 5+ years) my grandmother and a friend of mine that I had previously used the phone to make arrangements to pay them, the only number I had provided them was my bosses, the lady calling "Jessica" said she found the others online by searching my name.  I am not going to make myself vulnarable for them to harass me like that again.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 13 of 16
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Below is a clip from MyFico of the CO.   This is the one the I am most concerned about and I think (hope) would help my credit if I get it paid off.  What are your opinions? 

Do you think it is worth a shot to try and get the "Charged off account", and late payments/collections taken off?  

And it currtenly says paid as agreed on the dates - the little green oks, is that normal once it goes into collection?

Message 14 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The CU contacted all those people?  Unfortunately, they aren't covered by the FDCPA.  They can call.

The TL still shows a balance which would indicate they still own it.  The debt could very well have been sold and they failed to update the balance, which should be 0.  Contact them, by letter or email, since you don't want to call, and find out if they own it or not.  If they do you can ask for a PIF to remove  the negative annotations.

Message 15 of 16
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Yes they did, for months.  It took me contacting the president of the CU via Facebook to get it to stop.

I have again contacted via Facebook since their website asks for a ton of information to contact them.   Here is for hoping they are willing to work with me on this! 

What should I do if I can't get the collections from FFCC off?  They are nearly three years old now, should I just let them age off?  These aren't something I am willing to pay considering the circumstances.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.