Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Approval!!!

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

PayPal Approval!!!

Well, I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger and I'm glad I did.... I received an instant credit decision with a CL of $1,500 my largest by far!  I had received 'invitations to apply' for the past few months but never hit the button.

I decided to apply after my 3 tax liens were withdrawn from my credit file just a few days ago.  My question is should I try another card now? I really would like another prime like a Discover.  I had tried Chase and Barclays in September and was declined due to lack of revolving credit history.

My current util is 7%.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Re: PayPal Approval!!!

I think you stand a good chance with capital one. My husband was approved with a 3K limit when his score was roughly 620. I wanted to ask, how did you get your tax liens released? I have one for a piddly $138 and can't seem to get rid of it. Who did you contact?

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@jandj80 wrote:

I think you stand a good chance with capital one. My husband was approved with a 3K limit when his score was roughly 620. I wanted to ask, how did you get your tax liens released? I have one for a piddly $138 and can't seem to get rid of it. Who did you contact?

Well, the IRS has a program to release tax liens...

Is yours IRS or state?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If it is a federal lien, you can request to have them withdrawn if you meet certain criteria ( basically paying/making arrangements or if they are paid).   The whole process took less than 5 weeks!

If you like, you can pm me for more detailed information.

Message 4 of 5
jandj80
Regular Contributor

It was a state lein in ND. Paid off almost two years ago. I would love to hear what I can do~ I emailed them to no avail. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.