cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit -- Then and now? I was approved!

tag
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

PayPal Credit -- Then and now? I was approved!

So I had Paypal Credit from a few years ago that was charged off -- sent to collections but never has showed up on my Credit Reports.

I was on eBay and was interested in a 2012 Macbook Pro (fwiw -- better than anything MBP you can buy today -- but I digress!).  It gave me the usual "apply for Paypal Credit"... and **bleep** (yes, guilty of drapping after a 20+ Fico score rebound today).  Much to my surprise, I was approved for a 1900-dollar limit!

Last week, I was trying to settle my collections and had Synchrony on the phone and said that I wanted to work on resolving that account.  They didn't see a Paypal Credit account associatedi with my SSN.  Then they mentioned something about Comenity and was thinking maybe the old Paypal credit was under Comenity?  

So I looked on the current website and couldn't see who the backing bank was for Paypal Credit.  

I still haven't paid off the charged off Paypal Credit (though I tried!).  I'm astonished that I was approved for Paypal Credit now... and for a CL that was over twice what my original line was...

Anyone know what is going on here?  

Also, is Paypal Credit still a hidden trade line?

Sorry for the silly questions... I'm just blown away!  I need to get one of those Nyquil drapping pics for my signature!

Thanks in advance and CHEERS!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PayPal Credit -- Then and now? I was approved!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 5
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. The new Paypal Credit is backed by synchrony as of I think June. 

They began reporting the line to the CRA's on or around Oct. 1st, and updating monthly, so it is no longer a hidden line. 

Good luck with the continuing rebuild!

Message 3 of 5
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Wow,  now I'm really shocked since Synchrony hates me!  They balance chased me on my Sams Club Credit last year and can't get a CLI from them to save my life.  

I had a charge off from Care Credit... which I arranged for a payment settlment last week but have not actually paid off yet (have until 12/1 to satisfy that agreement)

Thanks for the information!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Can you give me tonights winning FL lottery numbers please? Lucky dog!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.