Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Medical Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying Medical Collections

I recently setup payment arrangement with a collection agency to pay off and old medical bill. But it seems as I every time I make a payment it updates the entry on my credit report. Will this affect my score as the balance is going down but I don't want it to come across as a new collection account. My second question is not that I have been making payments is it too late to negotiate a pay for delete settlement. It is finally down to an amount that I can pay off in full.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying Medical Collections

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently setup payment arrangement with a collection agency to pay off and old medical bill. But it seems as I every time I make a payment it updates the entry on my credit report. Will this affect my score as the balance is going down but I don't want it to come across as a new collection account. My second question is not that I have been making payments is it too late to negotiate a pay for delete settlement. It is finally down to an amount that I can pay off in full.

No, your score is held down every time they update the TL, it looks brand new to Fico. I would try to negotiate a PFD. Welcome to Mt Fico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So even though I have setup the payment arrangements, I can still negotiate a pay for delete settlement. It is not too late?

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So even though I have setup the payment arrangements, I can still negotiate a pay for delete settlement. It is not too late?

IMO no its not too late.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.