Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying a Debt before it Reports???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying a Debt before it Reports???

Im trying to fix my credit. im at a 474 right just found out this morning.. I have a few bills that i owe that are not currently on my credit report.. If i settle with them can they still report to my credit report, or is it illegal to settle a debt then report it to credit .. Also i had owed Comcast and now i look at my credit report , its not listed no more.. Should i pay before they report again or it doesnt really matter... THANKS FOR THE HELP!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Paying a Debt before it Reports???

@Anonymous wrote:
Im trying to fix my credit. im at a 474 right just found out this morning.. I have a few bills that i owe that are not currently on my credit report.. If i settle with them can they still report to my credit report, or is it illegal to settle a debt then report it to credit .. Also i had owed Comcast and now i look at my credit report , its not listed no more.. Should i pay before they report again or it doesnt really matter... THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

Greetings & welcome to the forums!!!!

Hang tight & you'll get a ton of help here.  I saw that you didn't have any replies yet & didn't want you to get discouraged.  

I can't do anything this evening because I have to go,(been up since 4am & the brain is fried) but just hang in there.  This place is filled with a bunch of folks willing to help you!

Read the info at the top of this board...especially "frequently requested threads" &  "what steps do I take". A bunch of good info I know you can use!

I'll check back here tomorrow!  Smiley Happy

Mo

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: Paying a Debt before it Reports???

@Anonymous wrote:

They can report that you had paid an account, but most collection agencies will not care about you once you pay them off.  Before you pay them off you need to make sure you know exactly how much is owed, and if you decide to settle you need to get them to agree that they will not report that you settled for less than the amount owed, or sell the remaining balance to any other collection agency. 

How long ago did you owe Comcast?  Did it fall off because its more than 7 years old?  Does a collection agency have it?

DO NOT speak to anyone on the phone, or pay over the phone.  Do everything in writing.  You should never speak to anyone on the phone because there is no paper trail after the fact.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.