Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying a charge off cc ?

tag
markcerm
New Contributor

Paying a charge off cc ?

I have a charge/off cc on my report I have tried a PFD which was denied. The DOLA is 11/2007,  problem is this  premiere bank cc is reporting as past due and is being figured into my util. So IM just going to PIF and the send a g/w letter.  Once I pay this in full will the DOLA change? and hurt my score? I put in a lot of calls to premiere bank and the say the collection company has this account now NFO which they refused the PFD

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rayandsuebrown
Established Member

Re: Paying a charge off cc ?

HI I am going through the same thing and no it will not re-age it, PIF or PFD or better than Settled, Settled doesn't look good. Keep asking for a PFD, don't cave in so fast. I did and I have two removed now on settled! I have 4 to go, but when they tell me "no", I tell them then I ain't paying and that I am taking the money I have to pay the next CA off, they start thinking then.

Starting Score: 438
Current Score: 563
Goal Score: 620

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Fico challenge is based on Equifax and Trans union score is 532
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying a charge off cc ?

Look around for others' success on this CCC. Some won't budge for the world. The next best step is to PIF to avoid the "settled" comment  and to improve your odds for a GW later on. The DOLA could change and that can hurt, but if this is reporting a CL and if the balance is over the CL, your score could easily increase rather than decrease.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.