Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying collections

tag
Hutchman92
Valued Member

Paying collections

Question, I have 1 CA on my report for PRA for 252$. I play to settle it today however was curious if I pay it will other CA be notified that I am settling debts and start reporting old things on my report? I do get some mail every once in a while from a CA but they haven't reported in my reports. I know it sounds crazy but wondering if they talk to each other and if I settle this one others will follow suit to put on my credit?

4 REPLIES 4
House2021
Established Contributor

Re: Paying collections

My mom paid one account that tried to sue her then all the others starting serving her too, presumably because she saw one was settled. The good thing is PRA deletes. 

Message 2 of 5
Hutchman92
Valued Member

That's kind of what I'm worried about. If I pay PRA then maybe others will see I settled and start harrassing me and adding to my report/sueing me. I don't know if I should open up that can and pay them or what until it falls off next year.

Message 3 of 5
House2021
Established Contributor

Personally I waited to pay mine until I had the funds to do all of them

Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It's hard to say. It wouldn't be so much that they talk to each other, but they SP your reports pretty often.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.