Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying federal tax owed with CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying federal tax owed with CC

The $600 wasn't applied. I figured it is because according to my last 2 digits of social security number, mine won't be processed until july.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

fender wrote:
You just have to have a 0 balance in september, or they will tack on ALL previous intrest charges.  (you have to read the fine print, but this is usually the case.)  Make sure if you put your taxes on there you can pay it to 0 before september.

Most CCs don't work this way.  Only specialty cards like CareCredit and 0% financing on store cards have provisions like this.  Regular Visa/MC/Amex/Disc bankcards don't normally have provisions for retroactive finance charges after an intro rate expires.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

vesper wrote:
Okay, here's a question. I just looked at my bill for the CC. The total is $586 which I used it to repair my car. My due date is the 15th this month, but I don't get my paycheck until that day as well. Is it okay to put say $200 for the payment before the 15th and then put the remaining amount after my paycheck goes through? Or is it pointless to do that?

I have a special intro APR of 0% until september. So, i wasn't sure if i don't pay the full amount if they will start adding interest on my bill? I'm so new at this....

I you have a 0% intro rate, they won't add any finance charges until the intro rate expires, regardless of whether you PIF.  That's why it's 0%. Smiley Wink

Be aware that paying taxes with a CC will require you to use a payment processor who will add a service fee of 2.49% right off the bat!

Message Edited by cheddar on 05-09-2008 07:14 PM
Message 13 of 14
caliness1

vesper is right. Your refund will be applied automatically to what you owe the IRS. At least, that;s what they've done with me.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.