I was hospitalized last year and I have 4 collections on my credit report from it. All the collections are with the same agency. 3 of the accounts have a balance between $100 - $300 with one having a balance of $1100. I have extra money and able to pay them down, however I do not what will be better for my score; paying off the 3 smaller ones or the 1 larger one.
I know that these are medical and have minimal affect on my score, however I am looking to purchase a house in the very near future.
Moderator gdale6 has a great step by step process to get them paid and removed. He pops in a lot.
For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:
1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, if not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3. ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help