Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off next collection account.

tag
Wizard10
Contributor

Paying off next collection account.

So this month or the start of the next month I will be paying off another collection account leaving me with 1 left which sits at 988$. Should I contact OC and see if they will have the Debt collector give it back to them so I can make the payment ? If so how do I tell this to the customer service rep who will most likely say they cannot do this.

I’d rather pay OC because it seems like it would be better since they aren’t the ones showing on my credit report. I’m not sure the debt collector work do a PFD since the account is under 2 years old.

The collection amount is 300$ which opened up a year ago.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying off next collection account.

Which collection agency has the debt? That’ll help determine if you want to pay them or the OC.
Message 2 of 10
Wizard10
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Which collection agency has the debt? That’ll help determine if you want to pay them or the OC.

ad Astra recovery serv

Message 3 of 10
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

They will delete is the account is 2 years old from what it says on their website.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 4 of 10
Wizard10
Contributor

@simplegirl wrote:
They will delete is the account is 2 years old from what it says on their website.

Yes which is why I asked the question on how can I get the OC to recall the debt and pay them directly. 

Message 5 of 10
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Who’s the OC?

Goals:

Message 6 of 10
Wizard10
Contributor

@simplegirl wrote:
Who’s the OC?

Speedy cash. 

Also i forgot to say thanks on your previous post. Thanks for you support 

Message 7 of 10
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@Wizard10 wrote:

@simplegirl wrote:
Who’s the OC?

Speedy cash. 

Also i forgot to say thanks on your previous post. Thanks for you support 

I don’t know about speedy cash but i called ad astra and the lady would not delete it but i could get mine deleted the end of July since it would be 2 years which made no sense since that’s only 3 months away but whatever.

Goals:

Message 8 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Wizard10 wrote:

@simplegirl wrote:

Yes which is why I asked the question on how can I get the OC to recall the debt and pay them directly. 

You need to call them and ask that they recall the collector in exchange for payment of the account. Some OCs will do it others wont even entertain the idea just depends and I have had no experience with this OC. You would want to make the offer to the office of the CEO/President if possible.

Message 9 of 10
Wizard10
Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Wizard10 wrote:

@simplegirl wrote:

You need to call them and ask that they recall the collector in exchange for payment of the account. Some OCs will do it others wont even entertain the idea just depends and I have had no experience with this OC. You would want to make the offer to the office of the CEO/President if possible.

Thanks I’ll look into a email or 2. Also how do I get my scores in my sig like how you have yours?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.