Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying settlment that is not in credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying settlment that is not in credit report

I recieved a settlment offer from debt collector that is collecting on behalf of a payday load that I took out last year. They are asking for 50%. The thing is, they are not reporting on my credit report. I want to make payment so that it doesnt report on my credit.
The letter states that if I fail to fulfill the terms of my payment obligations, a negative reporting may be submitted.
What would you recommend that I do with this offer. Balance is 566.85. Settlement offer is for 283.42.
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paying settlment that is not in credit report

Make your settlement offer, and futher add that they agree not to report to the CRAs if paid within time X.

That will then become a contract limitation that is legally binding, and provide you legal remedy should they report.

Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

+1. Go for it. Quick!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The settlment offer I received states that it needs to be paid by March 11th. Should I create my own offer with those terms? In doing so, I'm thinking that snail mail would push me pass March 11th, which would void the settlment that has been offered to me and possibly put me more at risk of them reporting negatively on my credit report.
The debt collector is Halsted Financial Services.
Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Call them and see if they will go lower and make a payment right then. If it has to do with paydays and payment. It would be worth it to go USPS next day delivery to get a collections off your report. Good Luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.