Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paylease for reporting rental history?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paylease for reporting rental history?

So my new apartment has the option of reporting my rental history through a company called paylease for free. I can pay my rent online and can opt-in to this service. I was wondering if anyone uses them and if so what do they report as? Installmaent loan? That would be amazing since I don't have one reporting as open. And I'm also assuming it will drop my aaoa as well. Advice?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paylease for reporting rental history?

FICO versions before FICO 9 do not consider rental tradelines in scoring. It is specifically coded a certain way to show it is essentially a utility account. This service will not help your mortage FICO, auto FICO, or CC FICOs until creditors start moving over to the FICO 9 system.

It should not impact your AAOA from a scoring perspective on any algorithims prior to FICO 9. It's on your report, but not counting towards your score, similar to how AU accounts work on certain scoring models.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding this - VantageScore DOES include rental payments when reported, but few lenders use this algorithm. FICO is pretty much king. It will look great on your report to future landlords, and possibly in manual underwrite for a mortgage, depending on what you are going for.

Message 3 of 5
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Interesting information.  I have heard of other scoring companies, other than Fico, that were pushing the "no-debt" credit score driven algorithm.  Companies that would take into account utility bill payments and rent payments into the scoring algorithm.  All in the name of "avoiding" debt products.  I don't think they were very successfull.  So considering what ProGoGetter is saying about Fico 9,  I'm wondering if this new adjustment to Fico 9 was essentially a response to the "no-debt product" movement?  

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 5
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

But to answer OP's question, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have that tradeline reported.  As long as you maintain it in good standing.  If it's free, go for it.  Please report back any and all scoring changes to your report.  This would make new and interesting data points.  

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.