Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Method

tag
soxcited
New Contributor

Payment Method

I reached an agreement with the OC for a PFD. They want me to pay the CA assigned to the account with certified funds but CA has a link for online payments with a CC or check.  I am leaning towards the online payment as I think the account would get updated as paid faster. Is online payment OK and should i send money order instead? Thanks in advance. 

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Payment Method

I am curious of the terms of your PFD agreement.  It appears that it was with the OC, and not the CA.

No matter whether you pay the debt to the OC or CA, or how it is paid, the OC cant commit to deletion of the CA reporting.  It was not their reporting.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Payment Method

@soxcited wrote:

I reached an agreement with the OC for a PFD. They want me to pay the CA assigned to the account with certified funds but CA has a link for online payments with a CC or check.  I am leaning towards the online payment as I think the account would get updated as paid faster. Is online payment OK and should i send money order instead? Thanks in advance. 

My concern would be the possiblity of them having access to your account information if you paid online. I just don't know if that's a valid worry or not. I would pay with certified funds just to be safe.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.