cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Credit got bought and now Synchrony is calling daily.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Credit got bought and now Synchrony is calling daily.

Hey guys,

I had a paypal credit opened a while back and my ex used it as well for purchases on ebay. Long story short, when we broke up she changed all the emails and contact information and ran up the credit to full balance. I logged into Paypal after getting access back through support sometime after and saw the balance and that it was couple months past due. I contacted paypal at the time and they couldn't do much because shes ordered stuff to her address prior. 

I was going to file a police report, but after my research I found paypal doesn't report to CBs and doesn't send it to collections. So, I honestly just ignored it, up until last couple of weeks. Synchrony now has the full access to paypal credit and they seem rto be contacting me for couple of weeks. At this point I don't know what to do. I don't want it to ruin my credit and I am not sure is synchrony will send it to collections and what not. I also, don't want to pay because it's really not my debt, but I understand it is my responsibility  since I did give her the access to it.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Paypal Credit got bought and now Synchrony is calling daily.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

I had a paypal credit opened a while back and my ex used it as well for purchases on ebay. Long story short, when we broke up she changed all the emails and contact information and ran up the credit to full balance. I logged into Paypal after getting access back through support sometime after and saw the balance and that it was couple months past due. I contacted paypal at the time and they couldn't do much because shes ordered stuff to her address prior. 

I was going to file a police report, but after my research I found paypal doesn't report to CBs and doesn't send it to collections. So, I honestly just ignored it, up until last couple of weeks. Synchrony now has the full access to paypal credit and they seem rto be contacting me for couple of weeks. At this point I don't know what to do. I don't want it to ruin my credit and I am not sure is synchrony will send it to collections and what not. I also, don't want to pay because it's really not my debt, but I understand it is my responsibility  since I did give her the access to it.

Welcome to the forums! There's the kicker in red. They may not be reporting now. Call and close it, or report a lost card for a new account number so she cant use it. And pay it off real quick before it does report.

Message 2 of 4
RSX
Valued Contributor

Ugh. Sorry to hear that

start paying it down ASAP. We think they will start reporting on Aug 31

maybe try for a CLI in a couple of months as well. That will help with the utilization.  

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 3 of 4
Acc-Risk
Contributor

I wondered about when they would start reporting under the new umbrella. Payed it off recently as I commonly used it for large purchases and kind of enjoyed the fact it was hidden per se. This will be a help to AAoA since I've had PayPal credit for some time.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.