Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Store Card - is it worth it.....

tag
jmco
Contributor

Paypal Store Card - is it worth it.....

So I was approved for $300 paypal card which I thought was the mastercard but apparently it's there "store" card....is it worth having just for the credit line?  

I asked the rep if it could be upgrade to a MC at a later date and he said there were no upgrades - instead I would have to apply for the MC over again...

I am wondering if I should take the $300 and just let it sit (I don't ever plan from buying from paypal) I just wanted to be able to use it for KMART and other

stores that take the MC... I didn't even know they had this option...

Thoughts????

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
boonelb
Regular Contributor

Re: Paypal Store Card - is it worth it.....

you can request their mastercard debit and use the store line anywhere if you setup the backup funding as smart connect to your debit card it also.

Message 2 of 4
jmco
Contributor

boonelb,

thanks for the information...that makes sense and I just called them back and accepted the card - might as well do it since it cost me a HP!!!

:-)

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Keep the card I would use it every now and then if you can. I'm guessing its tied well with Ebay and other sites that have a strong connection to PayPal (etsy is another)

If it was me (i too don't use paypal more than maybe once every 2 years) I would go on ebay or etsy or some other site as the such and try to find the cheapest thing I can that isn't a total waste of money - like a buck with free shipping every 3 months just to keep the card active. Then after a year see if they'll upgrade you (doubtful but who knows if policy will change) if not then cancel it. You will have had it for a year and it will have been positive and only cost youf 4 bucks or so to keep active.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.