Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls after DV?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone calls after DV?

I'm hoping someone here can answer this question for me. 

I have an old CO(that is still within SOL) that is owned now by LVNV.  They are reporting on my credit report and are using Alliance One to collect on their behalf.  I sent a DV letter to LVNV last week also requesting to be contacted in writing only.  I don't agree with the amount that is being reported.  This man from alliance one calls constantly.  I must say honestly that he is the rudest person I have ever spoken to.  He called yesterday after I have repeatedly told him not to call me and to only contact me in writing.  He kept interrupting me and saying there is no law for me not to call you....you can send anything you want. to us (meaning DV letter)....but you still owe the money...

Can he still constantly call me if I have sent the DV to LVNV?  What can I do from here?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Phone calls after DV?

Until he's validated the debt, he has to cease ALL collection activity (for the slow debt collectors out there, that means phone calls, too).

Next time he calls, I wouldn't answer it (or better yet, if you have a fax machine you can hook up in a snap? Give him that high-pitched noise a few times).

If you DO decide to answer it, make sure you advise him about Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Section 809. Validation of debts [15 USC 1692g](b).

And remember to tell him to have a nice day. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.