cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinnacle Credit Services - Statute of Limitations

tag
kitm

Pinnacle Credit Services - Statute of Limitations

My husband has an account in collections from Pinnacle Credit Services for an old Verizon bill. Pinnacle opened the account in May 2010, but I can't see anything on the credit report about the original Verizon bill. He's not sure when he opened the account, but is guessing it was in 2007.

How can I check the original dates to see if it's past the Statute of Limitations if it's not reported on the credit report?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TrishN
Established Contributor

Re: Pinnacle Credit Services - Statute of Limitations

what state you in? google for it. virizon bill is written contract. If you really want to find out a debt then send them Debt validation,but you have to watch out for SOL they may backfire

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@kitm wrote:

My husband has an account in collections from Pinnacle Credit Services for an old Verizon bill. Pinnacle opened the account in May 2010, but I can't see anything on the credit report about the original Verizon bill. He's not sure when he opened the account, but is guessing it was in 2007.

How can I check the original dates to see if it's past the Statute of Limitations if it's not reported on the credit report?

OP, don't confuse SOL with CRTP. SOL is the time frame a creditor has to sue and has nothing to do with reporting. CRTP is the credit reporting time period set by federal law and that's 7-7.5 years from the DOFD of the debt (after it was opened obviously). I recommend pulling your reports from annualcreditreport.com. Your EQ report will show DOFD. EX and TU probably won't but will list an est. drop off date for Pinnacle.

Message 3 of 5
kitm

Well, I'm not really concerned about the CRTP as I'm not concerned about how the accounts are being reported. I just want to know if the debt that Pinnacle is trying to collect on is still valid.

The original Verizon account is not reported, so I don't know when the original account opened or when the first date of first delinquency occured.

Message 4 of 5
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

I printed my report in that screen to have all the dates 

Edited to remove information that violates TOS.

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.