Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinnacle Financial - PFD

tag
Involus
Regular Contributor

Pinnacle Financial - PFD

So basically I want to know if anyone has had a successful pay for delete from Pinnacle Financial. My girlfriend has a BS collection from them when her previous college authorized her for classes without financial aid (without her consent at that). Last we talked to them we asked if their was a settlement and they said they don't settle debt as they aren't a debt purchaser so we don't mind paying the 4k in full, but only if it will PFD, otherwise I'll keep my 4k and we can let it get past SoL and dispute it.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: Pinnacle Financial - PFD

@CotySinz wrote:

So basically I want to know if anyone has had a successful pay for delete from Pinnacle Financial. My girlfriend has a BS collection from them when her previous college authorized her for classes without financial aid (without her consent at that). Last we talked to them we asked if their was a settlement and they said they don't settle debt as they aren't a debt purchaser so we don't mind paying the 4k in full, but only if it will PFD, otherwise I'll keep my 4k and we can let it get past SoL and dispute it.

They aren't?  I thought they were a JDB.  What are they then?  Just a CA?

As far as the College charging for classes, my thoughts are that if she registered and didn't drop or withdrawal before a certain cut off date, then the college has every right to charge her for classes she signed up  for.  They have to.

I am assuming that she was charged for the classes and then didn't go or took that semester off? So if that is the case, I would look at the College's cut off dates and policies and she what sort of docs and drop/withdrawal papers she has.  Maybe their was a clerical error?

Message 2 of 4
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

This should probably go in a different section of the forums since its not credit card related...

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They are most likely stating that the OC still owns the debt, and that they are just their assigned debt collector.

Depending upon their contract with the OC, they may or may not have the authority to settle for less than the full debt.  They have a boss to answer to.

Has the OC reported, and if so, do they now report a $0 debt balance owed to them?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.