Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plain Green Loan- Charge Off Reported

tag
CreditOCDinCali
Regular Contributor

Plain Green Loan- Charge Off Reported

I just got a credit alert today, and Plain Green Loand has put a charge off on my Transunion report. I was 75 past due. Here is what happened. I took out the loan to pay for my deposit on a new apartment $1200. I then went out on disability at work, unexpectedly for a few months. I set up a payment arrangement with Plain Green, but then my checking account number changed due to fraudulent activity. They couldn't process the payment. I didn't contact them although I know I should've, dumb on my part, now I've got a ding on my record for double the amount. They report $2600 although I only took out a $1200 loan. Do you think they will let me settle for the $1200 in full and remove the charge off? Does anyone have experience with them?
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Plain Green Loan- Charge Off Reported

A CO on a loan is only reported after it goes past 120 days of delinquency. I would directly dispute the charge off with them. Sounds like they are reporting fraudulent info as well this is in direct violation of the FCRA. I would bring this to their attention as well.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.