Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleasant surprise this morning from Synchrony

tag
WarthogWrangler
Contributor

Pleasant surprise this morning from Synchrony

Woke up this morning to an alert that one of my derogatory accounts had been removed. This took me as a surprise because nothing was close to 7 years DOFD. So I check my reports and two of my derogatory Synchrony bank accounts have been removed from all three reports. One was my care credit and the other was old Amazon card. There’s still one more from them left but I’m hoping that is removed too. Anyone else seeing this happen? The accounts were at the 4 year mark from DOFD. Got a nice little score boost.
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Pleasant surprise this morning from Synchrony

Grats. Were you GWing them, or did they randomly self delete?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 29
IwillWIN
Valued Member

I had the same thing happen to me it just deleted. I sent GW letters and emails, but constantly told nothing they could do. I still have an Amazon that I paid, I sent a GW letter for that one as well. I have my fingers crossed they will remove that one as well. If Synchrony does that I will CO free. 

Starting Score: 572
Current Score: 675
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Aug 2019
Sept 2019
October 2019
November2019
DECEMBER 2019
JANUARY 2020
FEB 2020
JULY 2020

Message 3 of 29
WarthogWrangler
Contributor

Thanks, they just randomly self deleted. I had never GW or disputed them at all. They were both charge offs from 2015. Third one is also a charge off from 2015 but was one month later so I’ll be curious to see if it deletes next month on its own.
Message 4 of 29
calyx
Super Contributor

Well, whatever happened - Congrats on the removals! Smiley Happy

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 29
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

I think Synchrony is in a giving mood because they deleted my husband's charge off and I don't think that thing was anywhere near 7 years either. He's never pulled his reports from the annualcreditreport site, so I should make him do that so we can see the DoFD. Last time I checked, it was removed from his EQ and EX, but I'm not sure about TU. Perfect timing, too, because his car finally pooped out yesterday and he's been looking to get a new car. It's definitly a sign!! He even got an email from our CU saying he was pre-approved for a $50,000 car loan. If this isn't the best time to buy a car, I don't know when is. It's like the universe is screaming at him! 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 6 of 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!
Message 7 of 29
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Who cares. They're toast! Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw these posts and checked EX and my old Synch CO is gone too. It was up for EE on 1/1 but I’ll take it early. Hoping also that the purge extends to the other bureaus - I used EE on TU already but it wouldn’t fall from EQ until April. Gotta wait til Sunday to see a CK update and see if it’s gone from there though.
Message 9 of 29
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I saw these posts and checked EX and my old Synch CO is gone too. It was up for EE on 1/1 but I’ll take it early. Hoping also that the purge extends to the other bureaus - I used EE on TU already but it wouldn’t fall from EQ until April. Gotta wait til Sunday to see a CK update and see if it’s gone from there though.

Happy Thanksgiving Homey! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.