Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Advise on my next move.

tag
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

Please Advise on my next move.

So,  On the 21st of december I received an interesting letter from a collection company by the name of 'weltman,weinberg,  & reis CO., LPA'. They claimed I had an outstanding debt of 15k and some change(funny, I've never borrowed that much in my life, let alone... not paid) , and even better yet that the debt was owed to Citibank, HA!.

My first dealings with citibank ever came when I was hired in the financial department last october, a part of which included checking for any past derogatory history with citibank.lol  

So, Because of my suprise I immediatly typed up and sent off the very next morning a dispute letter(1 to each office, with tracking), disputing the validity of their claim, asking for proof, and for them to remove the hard inquiry they placed with all 3 bureaus.

They've never responded, Until I noticed today they placed this downright stupid collection account on my credit file. Is this even legal, I sent them a request for proof of which they have provided none(because it's bs)?  I'm planing on buying a home in a few months and this dropped my credit score by 60 pointsSmiley Sad....

What should I do? I'm considering contacting an attorney and suing their asses off, as I have proof of the TWO certified letters I sent to their office.

I was under the impression if they did not provide proof within the first 30 days they could not proceed and add this to my credit report....

sorry if I'm rambling, it's just very upsetting to see these crooks.  Please help!

Staring Scores:Transunion-636 Equifax-618 Experian- 640 (8/12):
Current Scores:Transunion-717 Equifax-(?) Experian 726(as of 11/18/13):

Goal 760 Across the Board:

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Please Advise on my next move.

The 30 day time frame applies to you responding to their dunning notice, not to them reporting to the CRAs.  They can report anytime within the 30 days you have to respond with a DV request.  Once the DV is received they cannot continue collection activity.

Message 2 of 4
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

That's my point.... It's been 37 days since they received my response to the dunning.

They added the collection account to my file on the 36th day without providing me any proof of it being a valid debt.

What do I do from here?

Message 3 of 4
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

n/m, I noticed they added it to my reports without stating the file is under dispute, an obvious fcra violation. So I called my attorney, I'll enjoy suing these assclowns.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.